At the end of this course the learner
will be able to conduct continuous hazard identification and risk assessment
within the workplace to ensure a healthy and safe environment to work in. He/she will also be able to
communicate actively and with confidence on hazard identification and risk
assessment principles and procedures as well as form part of an integrated team
to address these issues within his/her organisation.
· Develop a closer understanding of the hierarchy of the law with specific reference to the OHSE Act and the responsibilities of management in terms of hazard identification and risk assessment
· Explain the specified requirements pertaining to continuous hazard identification and risk assessments;
· Prepare for hazard identification;
· Be able to identify hazards and assess risks; and
· Be able to initiate remedial and follow-up action.